Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yeah, its been a pretty hectic week.  As you can see I recently got married to the man formerly known as Fiance, the most wonderful person I know and the best friend I could ever ask for.  His mom was kind enough to pay for a one night stay in the super swank Marriott (Romance package, woop woop!) so we could have a mini honeymoon before leaving for Charleston this Thursday.  Everything was beautiful and perfect, even though we forgot about exchanging rings after we said our vows!  Speaking of vows...  I wrote mine in the tub that morning before I started getting ready.  Hubby confessed that he's come up with his on the way to the ceremony!  (That's not really out of the ordinary for us though.)  We're both glad the ceremony stuff is over with; ready to get on with the real parts of being husband and wife, and soon to be parents.

We'll find out whether we're having a little Zooey or Oliver a week from Monday.  The votes are split down the middle!  Of course, all the ladies think we'll have a girl while all the men folk have their hearts set on a mini Lattimore/Shaw.  (Look at me, talking intelligently about football stuff!)  Whatever it is, he/she gave me a pretty strong headbutt in the stomach a few nights back.  Hubby and I had been playing around, tickle fighting, and had just settled onto the futon to watch some TV.  All of a sudden...BAM.  The rest of the movements have been small, much less scary.  To be honest though, I can't wait to feel the little one move all the time.  I'm sure that'll wear off after a couple of weeks of constant movement.

I've been meaning to do belly pictures week by week, but I still haven't settled into the idea of it.  I always thought it was kind of weird for women to pull their shirts up, poke their bellies out and take a picture of it for all the world to see.  Just trying to take this one day at a time, and do whatever feels comfortable to me.  ...Which hasn't been much lately.  Napping is about the extent of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment