Tuesday, October 4, 2011

16 weeks and 5 days

Its been a while since I've updated, but I guess that just means you'll have more to read!  Hoorah!

I've been getting increasingly impatient when it comes to finding out the sex of our baby.  Fiance was gone for drill this past weekend, so I figured it would be a good time to try what's known as the "ring on a string" test (as suggested by a close friend).  I woke up at 6:30 so I figured, "Why not?"  Took off my engagement ring, tied it to some embroidery thread and held it over my belly button...  I tried it several times holding the string with my right hand, several more with my left and thought I'd try it over my wrist for good measure.  Every time, without fail, my ring moved in a nice wide circle.  For those of you who don't know A RING MOVING IN A CIRCULAR PATTERN MEANS I'M CARRYING A GIRL!  YESSSS!  Granted, it might not be a good idea to start buying clothes and painting rooms based on this decision but its still pretty exciting to get some kind of idea of what I'll be holding in five months.

Speaking of what I'll be holding in five months, we've decided on names for each gender (after much debate). Oddly enough, we came up with each name out of the blue after we'd been discussing each for a while.  For a boy: Oliver Patrick.  Fiance came up with that one, and I ended up liking it a lot after I got over the fact that I went to school with a girl who named her boy Oliver.  For a girl: Zooey Sawyer.  For me, the girl's name was the hardest.  I wanted to find something unique, but not embarrassing.  I didn't want her to grow up hating me for giving her a name she would never be able to find on a coffee mug at a gift shop.  Sawyer first came up in a conversation with Daniel about what his ex boss named his daughter.  I dismissed it almost immediately since it only conjured images of a down home boy painting a white fence.  But the more I thought about it, the more it appealed to the literary nerd in me so it stuck and started getting paired with tons of first names.  Then one night we settled in to watch I Love You, Man and it hit me!  Zooey!  The perfect blend of unique and sane!



I think I'll make this a two-part post and fill everyone in on the rest of the exciting news tomorrow.  I promise, it will actually be tomorrow and not in 2 weeks.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment