Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"The baby thought I should sleep in today" and Other Pregnancy Perks

I never thought I would be one of those moms who documented the journey of her pregnancy for all the interwebs to see.  I didn't think I'd ever want to take pictures of my belly from week to week as my future child grew.  I never saw myself crying when I observed a married couple with their child(ren), happy and smiling, anticipating feeling that joy myself.  But here I am, contemplating where in our home we should take the weekly belly picture, thinking of things I can write about while at work.  I'm doing things I never imagined, but I couldn't feel more complete.  (Which isn't to say I'm always happy, but I can talk about that later.)

Fiance and I will be expecting our offspring in March of next year.  We don't know the sex, sometimes we don't even remember how far along we are, but we do know a few things: baby is the size of a lemon and apparently likes settling right near mommy's bladder.  Also, she/he has an appetite and attitude like mommy (stubborn and cranky when hungry).  We've already picked out names; that happened with surprisingly little trouble.  ....Except when his friends tried to help and somehow kept coming up with animal names and things like "Shooter".

I'm starting this blog to help myself remember all the small things that happen during our pregnancy, things I know I'll want to look back on and tell our rotten little brat.  :)  I'll be keeping track of a list of things each week and adding a belly picture, hopefully keeping everyone in the loop!  Hope you enjoy our journey as much as we will enjoy experiencing it!



No comments:

Post a Comment